I didn’t know what a Shop Hop was when I was first told it was my job to plan it.
So I’ll just outline how it works.
- This is a self-guided shop hop, no bus, no time limits, no pre-determined plan of which shops you go to. (Kind of like the Armadale or Mundaring Studio Trails, if you’ve done either of those.)
- You buy a passport (lists the shops, hours, days open, special deals and activities)
- Get your friends to fill your car for fun and laughs along the way. They do not have to WAQA Members – they just need to purchase a Passport to take advantage of the freebies, specials and raffles.
- Plan your route – you can shop for all 3 days or just 1, it’s up to you. Register for the Launch Event, Final Event and/or the Make & Take Workshops at the Quirky Stitch
- Get your passport stamped at each shop, collect a 5” charm square, (Theme: Jewels), enter some of the in-store raffles along the way, watch the demonstrations, DIY quilting on a mid/long arm machine (max quilt size 1m square – bring quilt top, wadding and backing), sit’n’sew or enjoy morning or afternoon tea at the shops. All this is for Passport Holders only.
- Spend as much or as little as you like, there will be lots of specials for Passport Holders only and a number of the shops are home-based or online that are not usually open to the public. Some shops are only open 1 or 2 days of the Shop Hop, so read your Passport carefully when planning your route.
- When you are finished Shop Hopping, enter the Raffles (here’s how)
There are 2 Raffles – both drawn on Saturday afternoon, 18 March at the Final Event
1st Raffle: For those who register and attend the Final Event at Handcrafters House on the Saturday. Must be in attendance to collect prize.
2nd set of Raffles: Each shop you visit has a point value. To enter this set of raffles you have to collect a minimum of 8 points. The 3 shops that are furthest away from the centre of Perth have a value of 2 points, while all the other shops have a 2-point value. There are 3 categories of raffles that you may enter depending on how many points you have earned.
This set of Raffles is to reward Shop Hop Participants who explore shops outside their usual haunts.
You do not have to be present to win, you just have to drop your passport off, or get someone to take it to Handcrafters House by 3:30 pm on Saturday, 18th March, 2017 (Worldwide Quilters’ Day)
Raffle Prizes – We have some amazing Raffle prizes donated by our Sponsors and their suppliers
2 Crafty Ladies – 2 x panel quilt kits (rrp $40 each)
Bizzy Bee – Moda Frivol Tin rrp ($75)
Craft Collections – a jelly roll and a layer cake (rrp $110)
Kraft Daze – a beautiful bundle of Riley Blake Fabrics (rrp $72)
Layered Creations – Moda Grow! Layer Cake – (rrp $70)
Millhouse Collections – mystery product prize
Strawberry Thief – 4 x Liberty hexie pre-cut packs – (rrp $37.50 each)
Teddy Tree – $50 gift voucher
The Quilt Fairy – $50 gift voucher
The Quilting Cottage – 10% off Quilting (all over patterns only) valid to end 2017
The Quirky Stitch –$20 gift voucher
Victorian Textiles – mystery product prize
WAQA – 2 x lap quilts
- 2 x single bed quilt
- 1 x double bed quilt
Passport Sales – At workshops in February/ March, February Sewing Day & Night, March Sewing Night, Community Quilting Bee (26 February), No Sleep Retreat (25 February), Central Park Exhibition in the CBD (13 – 14 March only) and at Handcrafters House in Midland and Kraft Daze Sewing World in Maddington after 1 March if there are any left.
Limited numbers of Passports may be issued (like Raffle Tickets) to Members to sell to non-WAQA members if you have a group you think might be interested. Contact Marie Mitchell if you are interested in this option.